For Italians--Off-topic, a bit

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Fri May 23 08:07:29 CEST 2003

CARMEN:

(Re: Papaveri e papere)

Just do a google search for "papaveri" and "alti" and you'll find tons of
references to the words of that song. The first of those even appears to
have a pointer to a recording of the song, though the page consistently
crashes both mozilla and internet explorer.

The song was once very popular here in Greece, and because of it my father
learned Italian, "by chance", as he says: He asked an Italian-speaking
friend of his to tell him the words of the song, the friend gave him
an Italian song book, which contained, among others that song, then my
father wanted to learn what the words of all those songs meant...

Sort of how I'm learning "by chance" to read Italian, as I wanted to
know what the words in those Italian Disney comics mean! (Just to bring
the discussion back on topic!)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----