contents US 319, WDCS 634

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Wed May 28 14:50:51 CEST 2003

Yesterday we got the color proofs in from the printer on US #319 and
WDCS #634, and they are very nice. Unfortunately for those wanting to
know the contents, I have a pathetic memory for titles - always have -
and know the contents mainly by what it took to nurture them to the
point of being published.

That said, I know that WDCS #634 contains a Mickey story drawn by Noel
Van Horn that features a robotic Phantom Blot, that either US or WDCS
contains Barks' Scrooge story with the first appearance of the Beagle
Boys, that WDCS #634 kicks off with a William Van Horn story featuring
Donald as a noir-ish detective, plus stories in one or the other,
originating overseas (from where I sit), about Gyro pining for a pet,
Donald entering a TV-based soapbox derby competition, and other items.

In a short while I'll be at the office and can get my hands on a formal
list of contents, but where's the fun in that? The days actual work
will be taken up with checking that pages are in proper position and
page order, cover elements are where they should be (at the moment
they're not on US), that ad pages are where they should be (two are not
at last check - we make many, many checks), color registration is good,
no lettering has dropped out, and so much more. It is a maximum time of
anxiety and paranoia for us, since this is it - after this, it goes on
press. All after an effort that began back in November.

We'll see how it goes.

Gary