Tea and thee?

Katie Sullivan vazali at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 1 02:38:43 CET 2003

Sigvald wrote:

>Another such absolute fact is IMO that $crooge is very fond of
>drinking
>nutmeg-tea. This thus means that there most probably is a goof
>in panel 2 on
>page 110 in the new huge book "Andebys Skurker" (="The bad guys

>of Duckburg") which is recently published here in Norway. In
>the ctual panel
>$crooge is served bark-coffe instead of nutmeg-tea. The
>responsible for this
>possible goof is either the writer of this story - Nino Russo,
>or the Norwegian translator.

I don't see the problem.  My favorite drink is root beer, but I
drink other things from time to time.  I'm sure Scrooge drinks
plenty of different things besides nutmeg tea.
Even if the story you're talking about said outright that
Scrooge *hates* nutmeg tea, that would only contradict the
Barks/Rosa continuum.  Scrooge's preference in beverages is
hardly as critical a story-fact as his #1 dime or the number of
Donald's nephews.  ;)

Is it possible the writers or translators for this story were
making a pun by having him drink "bark coffee," being a Barks
character?

Katie Sullivan
http://www.sullivanet.com/