Danish Donald Strip Reprints

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 21:44:58 CET 2003

Niels wrote:

>Starting 1 November, the Danish give-away newspaper >"MetroXpress" publishes
>a daily Donald Duck strip.
>It looks as if they've started with the strip from 6 May >1957 and are going
>to continue chronologically.
>On the opening day, they also ran an article about the >duck's history and
>personality (and mentioning Carl Barks, Al Taliaferro, Tony >Strobl, Freddy
>Milton and Flemming Andersen).

Sounds great! I could never see the US doing something like that, since the
US newspaper-syndication is all about money and/or not offending the masses.

Is there any chance of the reprint strips becoming syndicated, and not
appearing in "MetroXpress" exclusively? (I'm not familiar with how syndication works
over there.)

I'd love to see this done with Mickey as well...
--
Dane