DCML Digest, Vol 9, Issue 8

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 01:24:03 CET 2003

Dane wrote:

> Maciek wrote:
>
> >Actualy in dis episode the Stop-Watch didn't stop the time
> >but meak it very
> >slow. Letter The Beagle Boy's (Bankjob, Babyface and Bibob)
> >broke it and it
> >send theam to past were they face the Vaiking's.
>
> The single redeeming value of that episode was the Beagle Boys' unexpected
> musical interlude. It was kind of frightening...

Actually, I think that this episode ranks right up there as one of the best and most "Barksian" of the first-season "DT" eps.  It had humor, suspense, good characterization, the whole package.  The Beagle Boys' "musical number" was simply icing on the cake.  (Don't forget that Pete -- called "Captain Blackheart" here -- made a "costumed" appearance in this one, as he did in "The Duck in the Iron Mask" and "Pearl of Wisdom.")

Chris