Need more help for the story, this time Norwegian kings

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Thu Nov 6 15:55:49 CET 2003

This is just as off-topic as my mail about opera some months ago - no real
connection to Disney comics, except for that the input I get will be used in a
story I'm writing.

This time, I need help on one thing. I'm refering to lots of history, and my
number one source is the sagas of the Norwegian kings (as I think I've
mentioned, this will be a story where Vikings play a large role).

Problem is, old kings and earls don't always have the same names in Norwegian
and English. Like, the king that in my book is referred to as Olav Tryggvason,
will in an English book have the name Olaf Tryggvason. This is a problem for
me, as I know all the Norwegian names, and need the English ones.

So: Does anyone here either
 a) know a lot about Norwegian vikings, or
 b) HAS the sagas of the Norwegian kings in English, or
 c) knows of a web page that deals with my problem (English and Norwegian
viking names)

Can anyone help me?

For those of you who think this is very off-topic, I'm sorry.

Olaf the Blue