Fecchi's style

Klartekst info at klartekst.no
Thu Nov 13 00:58:58 CET 2003

Creative page layouts are just another way for the artist to
tell the story in the best possible way.

For example, I remember a scene where Scrooge makes Donald
climb out the flagpole on the 13th floor of the McDuck
Building to catch a runaway parrot. In the first panel of
the page, the panel borders are slanted downwards to show
that we are really high up in the air. In the fifth panel,
the right panel border mirrors the steep perspective of the
tall building. In the sixth panel, where Donald is clinging
desperately to the flagpole, there is NO panel border to
give the scene a dramatic "airy" feeling.

The story (as I'm sure many of you have already guessed) is
"The Pixilated Parrot" By Carl Barks.

We should be glad that artists are willing to try out new
things. If they weren't, all comic book stories would still
consist of equally-sized panels with the text placed
underneath each picture.

Nils Smeby