Ducktales comments and Rumpus

Lauri Jaakkola silppuri14 at suomi24.fi
Tue Nov 11 18:27:39 CET 2003

Hi all.
This is my first appearance in DCML.

I haven't ever really found out where on the Family Tree should I place Ludwig
van Drake. Someones are telling that he is a brother of Uncle $crooge. Then
$crooge would have two sisters (Hortense&Matilda) and two brothers (Rumpus&Ludwig).
Or is Ludwig van Drake (at least his last name isn't McDuck)
Donald's uncle from the father's side? Or maybe he isn't a relative to anyone.

I also heard that Mr.Rosa was going to put him to the Family tree but Egmont
forbid it.
So that'd show that he is a relative of the Ducks. Complicated.
I have a wild theory that would show how Ludwig van Drake could be brother
of $crooge:
During the short divorce of Fergus and US's mother (was her name Downy in
English?)- expecting it was at least nine months long - Fergus would've got
Rumpus and Downy(?) Ludwig. Then Fergus and Downy(?) get back together and
so long. If this would be true Ludwig could easily be van Drake and a brother
of $crooge.
This is quite far-connected (Does that word exist?) and probably I'm wrong(Ludwig
looks like as old as $crooge and older than Rumpus). Correct this if I'm
totally wrong.

Anyway, Ludwig van Drake (maybe a connection with sir Francis Drake? =))
isn't my favourite character and probably lives only in Italy by now. I think
that he is even unnecessary character as a professor-who-knows-everything
while there are Junior Woodchucks and their awesome book. And in Duckburg
already lives richest duck of the world, the luckiest, the unluckiest, the
best inventor..., so Ludwig would probably be too much.

And this is only my opinion.

  Lauri Jaakkola, Finland
---------
Times are tough, huh, bud.