A Questions obaut Gladstone Luck and very first story with him.

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Tue Nov 25 14:14:49 CET 2003

Quoting KUR <ggk at wp.pl>:

> As we oll now "Wintertime Wager" but without his Lucky gift and as far I
> now
> his Luck first time aperd in the "Race to the South Seas" (I din't read
> this
> story yet but I herd a lot obaut it).

I don't have my comics collection in front of me right now (and that's a good
thing, otherwise I couldn't see the screen), but I _do_ have the INDUCKS. And I
get the impression that there was one story before "South Seas" where
Gladstone's luck showed up - "Links Hijinks" (WDC 96, 1948). Haven't read it in
a while, though, so I can't say for sure whether he's really lucky there or
not. I remember that he beats Donald in the end, though. :-)

> 2) In how many storys Gladstone aped betwen "Wintertime Wager" and "Race to
> the South Seas"?

Two - "Gladstone returns" (WDC 95) and "Links Hijinks" (WDC 96).

Olaf