SV: Tales of a dead duck

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Oct 4 19:02:56 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com> wrote:

>> Monsieur Grøsfjeld answered:
>> That's probably because that has not been
>> widely known before now.
>
> Well... The person scanning the image in the
> first place must have known it, assuming he/she
> actually READ the fanzine.

Not everyone can read German, and the person who made scan in the first
place could be a Dane or a Dutch or what so ever.

> And if he/she had written a little of it on
> his/her website and everybody re-using it had
> done so as well, that would have been widely
> known.

Only if that person has his/her own Disney-realated WEB-page. I believe the
scan was originaly done for D.U.C.K.hunt. My guess is that AC or Thomas may
be able to enlighten us more about this.

>>> Monsieur Neyer wrote:
>>> Grandma, of course, has her farm, but where
>>> does Scrooge live? DUCKTALES gave him a
>>> mansion, as did CHRISTMAS ON BEAR MOUNTAIN,
>>> but I've seen at least one Tony Strobl story
>>> that shows him as living in the Money Bin.
>>
>> Monsieur Grøsfjeld answered:
>> And so does the one guy that you for some
>> reason seems to ignore at this time - Don Rosa,
>> in "The Beagle Boys vs The Money Bin" (2001).
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but... Daniel, you're
> American, right? Isn't that a country where
> "The Beagle Boys vs The Money Bin" still has
> never been printed?
> Sigvald, I doubt Daniel ment to harm anyone
> by accidentily writing an entire letter without
> mentioning the name of Don Rosa... It _could_
> be that he simply hasn't read the story.

Well "The Sign of the Triple Distelfink" is AFAIK published in the US. He
didn't mention that story either.

Anyway, I am sorry if my answer is seen as offending towards Daniel. That
was *not* my intention - at that time I just found it strange that he didn't
mention Don Rosa at all - strange because Don Rosa is the most known of the
active creators/writers of Disney's Duck comics. Anyway I now think the
reason is that he's reffering to the stories he grew up with some decades
ago - before modern creators like Don Rosa, William van Horn, etc. were
active.

> Monsieur Grøsfjeld answered:
> What do the words "Fortuna Favet Fortibus" mean
> anyway?
>
> A quick google shows that it can be translated
> to "Fortune favours the strong".

Or to be more presise as we both are Norwegians:
"Lykken står den kloke bi".

Sigvald