No Place Like Home

Daniel J. Neyer jerryblake2 at juno.com
Sat Oct 4 22:43:11 CEST 2003

Sigvald writes, in re myself:
>Anyway I now think the
>reason is that he's reffering to the stories he grew up with some
decades
>ago - before modern creators like Don Rosa, William van Horn, etc. were
>active.

Actually, I'm a young whippersnapper (turned 19 in August). The only
reason I didn't mention Rosa was because I couldn't think of any stories
of his that showed Scrooge living away from the Money Bin. Someone has
mentioned ISLAND AT THE EDGE OF TIME, and now I recall that Rosa did show
Scrooge "at home" in that story. But as I remember, he didn't show in
detail what Scrooge's home actually looked like. Neither did Barks in the
Old Man Fox story, come to think of it. What do any of you think: Would
Scrooge live in a mansion (for status purposes, such as one-upping
Glomgold and other rival tycoons) or a more modest dwelling?