Micky Mouse - 75th anniversary

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 5 12:44:39 CEST 2003

Sigvald:

>>> Mickey's debut in "Steamboat Willie" took place on September 19th 1928.

Darndarndarndarndarn! How could I miss it?! I've been hinking all year long
that i would ahve to do something for Mickey's 75th anniversary, and when
the time came, work made me forget about it! :( :( :(

Wait--
In "The Hand Behind the Mouse-- An intimate biography of  Ub Iwerks [...]"
(Leslie Iwerks & John Kenworthy), I see (p 70):
"Steamboat Willie debuted on November 18, 1928, at the Colony Theater in New
York City."

In September, Walt was still supervising the music sessions in New York (p
69).

*sigh*   I knew I still had a little time to think of  at least a little
something.

Olivier