DCML Digest, Vol 8, Issue 10

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Tue Oct 7 02:47:38 CEST 2003

From: "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr." <sigvald at duckburg.dk>

> Hi all!
>
> I just read in the foreword in the huge white book "Jeg, Mikke Mus" that
> Mickey's debut in "Steamboat Willie" took place on September 19th 1928. This
> means that Mickey's 75th anniversary took place or started 15 days ago.
> However so far I have not seen any kind of Mickey anniversarybook,
> anniversarybooklet, anniversarymagazine or anything else published here in
> Norway by Egmont to celebrate this anniversary. Is the situation the same in
> other countries? And does anyone here know if we will see any such
> anniversary stuff soon?

In America, the Disney parks (Disneyland and
Disney World) are producing some merchendise...
and that's about it.  On Mickey's 50th birthday,
Disney made it a big deal, with TV specials,
books, etc.  (Does anyone remember the Mickey's
50th logo that appeared on the cover of ALL
the Disney comics that year?).  And the 60th
was also celebrated -- I still have the commerative
magazine (with free fake animation cel) somewhere.

But there doesn't seem to be much done with
Mickey's 75th
--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/