DCML Digest Issue 19

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Wed Oct 8 00:05:25 CEST 2003

> From: "KUR" <ggk at wp.pl>
> Well I usse my *Lexibook* (Im routh a world in Polish, press a buton and
> [Magic?] it is in English.

Uh... I don't know what the "Lexibook" salesman told you, but what your
messages appear in is not quite English. The words are grossly misspelled
and sometimes undecipherable. I thought such programs understood and
recognized and reproduced standard words but I don't know what yours is
doing. Why does it spell "use" as "usse", "button" as "buton", "I'm" as
"Im", translate the Polish word for "word" into "world" or create nonwords
like "routh"? And that's just the errors in the last sentence you "routhed"
(whatever that means). Your meaning is generally clear, but not sparklingly.
Whatever your "Lexibook" is doing, it's not doing it quite right.
But I don't mean you should stop. I just wanted to let you know that what
we're getting on this end is pretty daggone weird looking. Your messages
read like the dialogue I write for Arpin Lusene. It's cute.