Don Rosa at Mid-Ohio Comic Con

Hoy Murphy hoymurphy at charter.net
Wed Oct 8 04:31:31 CEST 2003

> I live about 90 miles from this convention.  Is it worth going to?
Obviously, I'd love to see Don, but I don't even know what he'll be doing
there (drawing?  chatting?  sitting on panels?) and I'm not sure what else
there is to do at a comic convention.  I don't have much money for rare, old
comics these days, but I'd like to pick up some more common back issues from
the 80's-90's that I'm missing.  Will I find them there?

> rodney.

I live about the same distance, and every year for the past few years I've
taken my two kids and we've had a ball. The first person I always look up is
our pal Don Rosa, who usually has a table set up with a bunch of interesting
colored prints for sale, and I always walk away with at least a couple. My
favorite is the parody of All-Star Comics #3, which features the Junior
Woodchucks and the Little Chickadees sitting around the meeting table, as
per the Justice Society. Don's always friendly and eager to answer
questions, even though the past few years there haven't been any American
Disney comics to ask about!

Otherwise, there's a good-sized dealer room with a wide variety of back
issues and merchandise.  My daughter goes for the Japanese anime and manga
imports.

--your pal, Hoy