Fecchi and Gedeone and Rumpus

Jonathan H. Gray jongraywb at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:22:10 CEST 2003

>Katie:
> > I know nothing about Douglas, and as far as I know the "Secrets"
> > story in the last Gladstone issue is the only story with
> > Scrooge's half-brother that I've read.
>
>That's an entire different brother, my dear. :-) Scrooge has a whole bunch
>of
>them, you know... at least those two. While Rumpus is a Van Horn-character,
>Gedeone is a Scarpa-character...

Waitasec - I knew about Gedeone (Gideon McDuck?) for a while having heard of
him once or twice. BUT I was always under the impression that William Van
Horn made Rumpus Scrooge's COUSIN and NOT brother. Kind of like Donald is to
Gladstone as Scrooge is to Rumpus so to speak....

Not to mention that Rumpus' last name is McFowl and not McDuck which would
be the case if they were brothers. ;)

Where is teh Van Horn family tree anyway...

>Why not, Sigvald? Naturally, this is a question of taste. Personally, I
>love
>this style, and hope to see more of it. I like it when the artist
>experiments
>with what's "normal" and stretch the boundaries. But then again, it would
>have
>to be a question of taste. But I really like it this way - and, it's not
>really
>a new thing. I seem to remember seeing this in Disney comics before as
>well.

Agreed - I LOVED Fecchi's style and was rather dissapointed to NOT see one
in the latest DDA pocket book. I felt it had such a new and different feel
from thr rather blase panel look that you see in some stories. Just because
that works for Rosa and Barks and Van Horn doesnt mean that everybody has to
emulate that style. It is a matter of taste. It was very easy to follow
without being ludicrous and overboard and had beautiful detail IMO. I was
personally VERY pleasantly surprised and I'd love to see more of his work
again.

i preferred his stories printed in #1 much more than Luck Of The Duck and
The Knucklehead Stone. Same goes for the Mickey Mouse - I highly preffered
"Panicky Pachyderm" as opposed to "Postal Panic" be honest. It all comes
down to taste. =\