Donald And Mickey

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:37:26 CEST 2003

>but what I wanna know is what was the last Gottfredson story where Don
>makes an appearance? Gottfredson never drew him again after that did he?

I somehow tend to think it was the story about seven ghosts, made in
1937-38, but I'm not 100% sure. Nevertheless it was quite at the same time
Donald got his own strip. That strip didn't had any cast of the Mickey Mouse
strip due the circulation areas of newspapers. It would have been awkward to
run nearly similar comic strip either in the same paper or within rivaling
papers. That is the true reason why Mickey and Donald never met after that.
:-/

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -