Super Donald/PK and your vote for (insert name here)!

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Tue Oct 14 17:20:33 CEST 2003

Quoting Lars Jensen <lpj at forfatter.dk>:

> Olaf Solstrand wrote:
>
> > I've always missed... what's their names again?... I'm not sure, but I
> > think one of these men has the catchy name Inspector Creeper. I only
> > know them as Inspektør Krøkke and Betjent Bollemo. The inspector and
> > policeman always doing dirty tricks to get Chief O'Hara fired so that
> > Creeper can take his job.
>
> This doesn't ring a bell at all. Do you remember in which stories these
> characters appeared?

I'm afraid not. They appeared in Norwegian weeklies when I was younger, so much
younger than today... must have been the late eighties. It may not be quite as
many stories as I think it is, but certainly more than one - a revided guess
would be something inbetween four and ten stories.

These characters are unfortunately not listed in COA, which is why I struggled
finding this information. But in a COA-search (for D-coded stories first
published between 1985 and 1990 containing chief O'Hara) I managed to find a
story named "Inspector Creeper's revenge" (D 9132), and it seems likely to me
that this Inspector Creeper must be the inspektør Krøkke I remember from my
childhood comics. "Inspector Creeper's revenge" was according to COA published
in the Scandinavian Donald Duck Weeklies no. 34-1988.

Also, I have a vague feeling that they appeared in "Chief O'Hara's Stolen
Police Car" (D 9268), Scandinavian Donald Duck Weeklies 5-1989.

> Branca has just finished drawing the next chapter in the Douglas saga.

Jolly good! What does that make it, a triology, or...

> As for Gedeone, have you considered writing a story with him yourself?

Keeping in mind that I haven't considered ANYTHING except for the story I'm
working on now, I have to answer no. I haven't got ANY plans on what to write
in the future. As for Gedeone, I don't really know the character yet, but I'll
try to get to know him... and if I get to know him, I don't see why I should
NOT write stories about him. (unless Byron Erickson has a very good reason for
me!)

Olaf