SV: Character birthdays

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Oct 18 22:54:47 CEST 2003

Katie Sullivan <vazali at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Perhaps Scrooge dislikes Christmas so much
> because his birthday is very close to it,
> and his birthday was overshadowed by it!

If so, IMO his birthday should be set to December 21st. The reasons for this
is:

a) This is the day when the sun is turning and the days again becomes longer
(in the northern hemisphere this is).

b) This date is represented with Goldie and a greeting card from $crooge in
Don Rosa's great Scandinavian Christmas Calendar (published in 2000).

c) This is MY birthday too - and just like $crooge I am also born in
Glasgow. As I am born in 1966 this will mean that I am born on $crooge's
99th birthday. That's a very interesting thought because 99 years is a very
special time frame, at least within juridical connections as with many
treaties.

Anyway I have no problems with Christmas coming only 3 days after my own
birthday (note: in Scandinavia we have the presents on Christmas eve - not
on Christmas day).

According to this theory $crooge's death must have taken place during the
last 10 days of 1967.

Sigvald