Reply to Don Rosa

Michiel Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Thu Oct 23 13:47:31 CEST 2003

Hello to Don Rosa and all other list-members,

Don, thank you for kindly answering my questions (Fri Oct 17).

>> I was thinking of tales from the 'Lo$ 11B'-period, when
>> $crooge gradually looses contact with his family.

> I didn't think that $crooge "gradually" lost contact with his
> family after chapter 11 of my "Lo$" -- I saw that as a clean
> break for the next 15 years, 25 years as regards Matilda, and
> *forever* as regards Hortense [...]

Well, in that case I meant Lo$ 10B or Lo$ 11' or whatever is
the right formula to identify the period 1902-1930, before the
big break-up. And I saw that break-up as the outcome of a
gradual process of loosing contact: Hortense and Matilda's
detest of $crooge's greed grows and $crooge spends years of
travelling around the world and doing business without his
sisters. That's what I meant. But maybe this wouldn't make a
very interesting subject for Lo$-B-stories. I don't know.

Will Sir Quackly's ghost ever turn up again? I liked him a lot,
too.

Bye,

Michiel Prior.