DCML Digest Issue 48

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Thu Oct 23 15:18:50 CEST 2003

DON:

> Obviously a fictional character has a fictional hat and a fictional
> birthday. So where does that get us?

It gets us to the fact that there is no reason to be confused about
fictional dates and birthdays not matching first appearance(s).
Fictional dates may vary from story to story--that's basically up to the
writer.

> [snip] STAR WARS is not about the "far future"... it's [snip]

Yesyesyes. Sorry about that. I mixed up far future with far, far away,
so please forget about my last paragraph.

Søren
(who still thinks that "birthday" is the wrong term for first appearance)