Money Bin Model

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 26 09:49:29 CET 2003

Hi everyone!

Olaf:

>>> About a year ago, a Norwegian boy, Mats Gullikstad, posted a message in
one of
>>> the many web forums I attend where he asked for helps and hints - as he
was
>>> building a model of the Money Bin, and needed help on how to do it.
[...]
>>> I've put his photoes online - they're pretty big, so it takes a while
>>> but it's most certainly worth it. The front and roof can be removed, so
the
>>> pictures are from both outside and inside the bin.

Let me forward a series of  comments from a friend that prefers to remain
anonymous...
- where's the rest of the hill?!
- and the "Scram!" and "Go away!" signs?
- where are all those lazy employees? if  nobody's working, I will go almost
half  broke in about 250 years!
- where are the guards? all the thieves in town will rob the Bin in no time!
- where are the traps?-- wait, never mind: no need to show everyone where
the traps are
- no ladder in the vault?
- *gold* coins?!
- you can't even read what kind of  coins they are!
- and have you seen the size of  those coins?!
- no bills?!
- no money bags?!
- no bulldozer to move the money around and air it?
- glass for the windows?! do you know how much glass costs?
- so that's what you do of  your time?! I see 20 cents an hour is too much
- and the idea of  making a model of  it! now all the thieves in the world
can study it and plan an attack on my Bin!
- which reminds me-- Old Number One! where's Old Number One?!
Poliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

;o)

Seriously now, this is indeed truly SPLENDID work! I want one too!
The picture of  the vault is great: so that's what it looks like "for real"!

These pictures ought to be properly presented on a web site, with notes &
comments from Mats; pictures from the comics and the blueprints next to
these would be nice too. I would gladly do it, but I could not work on it
right now; it would take me several weeks to find the time to do it, one bit
at a time.
Once the web pages are done, Mats could send the link to Egmont & Gemstone
(a li'l picture & the link in the letters page?), and maybe also Disney
Hachette (does Picsou Magazine still have a "links" section?).

Nice Donald car, by the way. Oh, and you can find "grass carpets" in model
shops to cover the hill with "grass".

>>>If anyone else has a positive comment to this, I'm VERY happy to forward
it to Mats.

I guess you can forward this message.

All the best,

Olivier