OK, Carl and Al

Niels Houlberg Hansen NHH at ra.sa.dk
Mon Oct 27 10:10:35 CET 2003

Lars Jensen wrote:

>>> 1. Buettner was born in 1903 (in Minneapolis).
>>> 2+3. Hubbard lived 1915-1984.
>>
>> i didnt get the original post, but i wrote a obit for Hubbard for a
>> fanzine back in 84 - his birth date came from himself (via jerry
>> bails)
>
>Thanks, Steven. Can you confirm 1903 as the birth date for Carl
>Buettner? And, for that matter, his death in 1965? (I need these dates
>for an article, so I have to check and re-check everything. Sigh!)
>Lars

Hello Lars
My sources for Buettner's and Hubbard's dates are:
1. Buettner: Lambiek Comiclopedia (http://www.lambiek.net/artists/index.htm)
and Maurice Horn: The World Encyclopedia of Comics.
2. Hubbard: The preface of the Swedish reissues of the complete volumes of
"Kalle Anka & Co." (1957 #2).

Hello Steven
I would very much like to read your obituary for Hubbard.
Would it be possible to get a scan or something of it???