Barks's Beagle Boys spelling

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Sep 4 01:55:58 CEST 2003

COA spells "The Beagle Boys".
http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/character.php/0/BB

In Barks's 'House of Haunts' (US 63), 'Heedless Horseman' (US 65),
and 'The Doom Diamond' (US 70) their shirts spell "Beagle Boys Inc."

In their first appearance (WDC 143), their shirts spell "Beagle Boys".

According to a transcription of a February 25, 1976 Barks letter to
Marty and Elouise Martin, published in Geoffrey Blum article "Letters
>From the Duck Man Part Eighteen: All Good Things", published in The
Carl Barks Library of Walt Disney's Comics and Stories in Color album
No. 45, (gasp!), Barks spells "the Beagle Boys".

Where does the spelling of "The Beagle Boys" originate from?

I haven't taken a look at other Barks stories. I'm having sleepless
nights of my reports of getting lost in The Carl Barks Library, every
time I open it. Just for that I'm going to throw the whole thing out
of the window! :-)

--- Daniël

"Let's get away from here, mates!"