MM Best Comics

rodney-selfhelpbikeco@juno.com rodney-selfhelpbikeco at juno.com
Wed Sep 10 14:31:21 CEST 2003

>Thanks, Are! I had completely forgotten the English title of the book, >so
>there was no way to find it in the Net for me. In the same series >there was
>also Io Paperino -book in english. I guess these are quite rare >nowadays? Or
>does 2nd or even 3rd printing of these books exist?

As far as I know, there was only one printing of the book.  I'd guess that at one time it was pretty rare, but these days there seem to always be 2 or 3 copies on ebay (at varying prices too.  The $39.99 tag seems a bit high).  I think I paid $20 for my copy, and I would say it's worth that (I also got the companion Goofy book for that price as well).

Be warned though if you're buying it for the strips.  They took Italian translations and translated them back to English instead of doing what made good sense (using the original English).  Still, the stories read pretty well, and some of them have never been reprinted elsewhere.

rodney.