Best Comics

Daniel J. Neyer jerryblake2 at juno.com
Wed Sep 10 16:39:55 CEST 2003

>Ooops, looks like I have involuntarilly changed my name :-)
>and back to the topic: Does anyone know how many of these huge Best
>Comics volumes were made in English? are they all indexed?

I have the Best of Mickey Mouse volume and the Best of Donald Duck
volume. I understand there are also Best of Goofy and Best of Scrooge
volumes (and maybe a Best of Huey, Dewey, and Louie, but I'm not sure).
These albums were translated from English to Italian and then back to
English, so they differ somewhat from the original. The Barks stories
have dialogue almost identical to the dialogue in the US editions, but
the Gottfredson ones are more pared-down translations--except for the
Mickey in the Foreign Legion story in the Best of Mickey Mouse; for
whatever reason, that one seems to be pure Gottfredson in dialogue, etc.