DCML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 31

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 14:56:16 CEST 2003

Larry Giver wrote:

> I got the new Gemstone US321, which has a DD story, "Willing Little
> Helpers".
> The dialogue is credited to Gary Leach, so I suppose than means he
> did the final translating into Americanese.  I noticed on page 2,
> panel 3 that
> Donald says he worked all day at the margarine factory.  Gary Leach
> should
> know that Duckburg, Calisota, USA has no margarine factory; instead
> Donald
> often works at the "skunk oil factory", as originated by Barks long
> ago.

I don't actually translate, but yeah, I do "Americanize" many of the
stories we get from Egmont. (Egmont supplies these stories in English.)
As for the margarine factory, Duckburg, Calisota, USA certainly does
have one. Duckburg, Anywhere has one of everything, and sooner or later
Donald will get around to working at every one of them.

Gary