DCML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 30

Kai Saarto ksaarto at mbnet.fi
Tue Sep 16 19:26:10 CEST 2003

YMH at aol.com wrote:

[about Don Rosa not loving the art-part of comic making]

> I happen to like your art very much (especially your drawings of
> Panchito in THREE CABALLEROS RIDE AGAIN -- I always have preferred the
> glimmery Studio eyes to the missing-pie-wedge Barks eyes), but I like
> your stories even more. And presumably you can produce quality stories
> at a far more rapid rate than you can produce art -- so why not write
> scripts for other artists to illustrate? You would be happier because
> you wouldn't have to go through the tedious process of illustration,
> anymore, and we fans would be happier because we would get many more
> of your stories. :-)

Er... what eyes? (I'm showing my ignorance here).

Don doing just the scripts wouldn't be the same. His complex style fits
to his complex writing like a beak to a duck. But Don already explained
his own view of creating comics, so I don't go there.

--
- Kai Saarto
http://www.go.to/donrosa