DDA #1 Sales/ Donald Ault Book Question

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 07:54:31 CEST 2003

Posted by Dane:

Actually, that list only covers actual comic books, as opposed to graphic
novels, which I suppose DDA #1 would classify as. Shockingly, it was the
sixth-best selling graphic novel in July (out of 50)! Needless to say, that is
definitely good news...Here's the list:<A HREF="http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/3314.html">http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/3314.html</A>
Hopefully, this is a good sign as to how the non-prestige Disney books are going
to sell... or at least the graphic novels.

6. Donald Duck Adventures 5,776

Wow! That's great news. I didn't think to look under graphic novels, I just
assumed it would be classified as a regular comic book.  It'll be interesting
to see how it does compared to other graphic novels in the coming months.

I have a question about the following:

Ault, Donald: Ducks in Perspective - The Comic Vision of Carl Barks' Disney
Comics published by University of Mississippi Press; 2000.
A very intelectual study of Carl Barks' work. Probably worth a good look
considering the repute of the author
I found this on a Disney books website. It was in the future books section,
but the wording makes it seem as if the book was already published. Has it
been? I haven't really seen it anywhere except this mention of it on the website.
Considering how well done the CB Conversations book was, I'd be intertesing in
reading this book as well.

<A HREF="http://pizarro.net/didier/_private/tocome.htm">http://pizarro.net/didier/_private/tocome.htm</A>

Derek Smith