Launchpad

Gary Leach bangfish at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 16:59:34 CEST 2003

Chris:

> Unfortunately, I suspect that it would
> take some sort of "revival" of "DT" (perhaps in the form of a reissue
> of the
> series on DVD -- hint hint) to reignite LP's comics career, and that
> probably
> ain't happening anytime soon.

Gemstone's publishing a "new in America" Launchpad story in, I think,
Donald Duck and Friends #309. (The uncertainty is that I'm writing this
at home, where absolutely no Gemstone production materials exist, and
it's the weekend, during which the memory of what goes on at the office
is largely purged until Monday.) It's only a backup, and hardly likely
to revive Launchpad's comic book fortunes by itself, but we like the
character, and think he deserves a shot.

Gary