DCML Digest Issue 53

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Mon Sep 29 10:39:40 CEST 2003

KRITON:
> Here's an interesting notion:
>
> Given that Scrooge is only richer than Glomgold by only a foot's length of
> string, won't it mean that, if Magica even manages to steal Scrooge's first
> dime, Scrooge will become the worlds' *second* richest duck, and his first
> coin will lose its value to Magica?

Oh, indeed that's an interesting notion... but I think I would have to disagree
with you. I *don't* think the coin would lose its value to Magica simply
because Glomgold was richer than Scrooge. I don't think this coin is so special
only because it's the first dime of the richest duck in the world. I think it's
enough that its original owner IS a man as wealthy as Scrooge... Regardless of
if anyone's richer. A coin that is cuddled with so much, by the richest or
almost richest man in the world...

(true, that also means I think she could do fine with Glomgold's coin IF he had
cuddled with it as much as Scrooge had)

Besides, I'm still sticking to the theory that the coin ain't omnipotal. I
don't think the coin NOTICES that Scrooge is no longer the richest duck in the
world, because it has a new owner. I think that the value of the coin comes
from how much money Scrooge has when he loses the coin, not in the exact moment
it is melted.

Also, Magica still has her backup bag of coins touched by OTHER rich men she
could melt it together with. That was the original plan, and I don't see why it
shouldn't work today. (in fact, I still believe that IS her original plan.)

Best,
Olaf the Blue