The Golden Fleecing / money bin employees (Re: Duckburg and the Masquerade)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Sun Apr 4 02:39:49 CEST 2004

JEAN MARC BANO, 02-04-2004:

> gothic horror story The golden fleecing Carl Barks 1955);

Is there horror in "The Golden Fleecing" (US 12)?
Well, except from the butchering that the editors ordered to Barks? :-]

> One thing which seems to be interesting about the money bin is that
> it seems to have accelerated the solitude and misanthropist side of
> Scrooge; in the Carl Barks' pre-money bin stories, we are still
> seeing a lot of people agitated around him: his numerous employees;
> following these stories, and later, in the italian stories, we are
> seeing Scrooge rather alone in his fortress;

I'm not aware of a significant difference in the number of money bin
employees in Barks's 1950s and 1960s stories. Please correct me if I
missed something.

I don't fully get the point of your "Masquerade" email, but I found
its lists and descriptions very enjoying to read.

--- Daniël

"Now EVERYBODY'S mad at me! What'll I do? What'll I do?"
(Which Barks story) :-)