Barks's exact years / new Rosa sequels / Glittering Goldie

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Mon Apr 5 02:04:05 CEST 2004

From: "Daniel van Eijmeren"

> But on the other hand, I do understand why some artists like Hergé
> (Tin Tin) and Uderzo (Asterix) have stated that they don't want their
> characters to take place in new adventures, after their death. Heirs
> tend to screw up the original vision sooner or later, calling it an
> improvement. But often, after a while, this "improvement" all the more
> shows that the original vision wasn't old-fashioned, but *timeless*
> and *timeproof*.

You do know that eventually the copyrights on the Tin Tin and Asterix
stories will expire, and the characters will be in the public domain,
and anyone will be able to do Tin Tin and Asterix stories, no matter
what Hergé and Uderzo (and their heirs) said?

Of course, these new storries will be unofficial and unauthorised, so
Hergé and Uderzo probably don't care (from their graves).  They just
didn't want any new "authorized" stories, I bet...

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/