Barks Quote Quiz / "non-Barks diet"

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Apr 8 09:50:38 CEST 2004

Daniël:

> >"Let me out of here! I've got to get to my editor with a hot NEWS
> SCOOP!" (Which Barks story?)

Sonia:

> 	Is that from the story in which Donald gets a job as a newspaper
> reporter, and decides to publish a "scoop" blabbing Scrooge's plans to
> move his money?

Oh, I thought it was the Scrooge story about the Martians, "Lost Beneath the Sea".
(I see this was already revealed in a different message, but I knew it before I read that one. Honestly.)

I think I have some advantage here, since I read a LOT of Barks stories very recently, in English. Five years or so ago, I stopped reading Barks stories (in any language), after having read them over and over for decades. I wanted to forget them, so I could read them again as fresh stories in due time.
And now that I'm reading them again, there ARE many things that I didn't remember. O joy!

I also recently read "Hall of the Mermaid Queen" again, and I didn't even remember how *bad* that story was! 8-)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks  --  TNO Telecom  --  Delft  --   Nederland
h.w.fluks at telecom.tno.nl   --   http://dd50.inducks.org
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"