DDA Letter Column and Gemstone Comics Advertising

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 10:56:31 CEST 2004

I suppose this email is more or less directed to Gary Leach since he would be
the one most likely to know the answers.

I was just wondering why DDA doesn't have a letters column of some sort. Is
it just because the pages are so small that you'd be hard pressed to print more
than one letter per page? I probably answered my own question, but I'd like
to know.

I also had another question about the advertising in Gemstone's comics. I'm
sure I'm not the only one to notice that Gemstone's(or Diamond's though I think
Gemstone is a division of that company) own advertisiments take up most or
probably all of the advertising pages in the issues. ("Howdy, folks! Do you know
about the Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide? If not, buy Gemstone!).
Does Gemstone/Diamond want it that way or have not many other advertisiers
wanted to put ads in the issues? I can't imagine it being the latter. I know of
comics that sell less than Disney comics and have more than a few ads in them.

I know I'm the only person in the world who derives any sort of humor from
guessing which ads will be in the next issues, but whatever gets one through the
day I suppose.

Thanks in advance. :)

Derek Smith