DCML Digest, Vol 14, Issue 21

Soeren Schridde sschridde at web.de
Fri Apr 9 14:19:45 CEST 2004

Dean wrote:

>    As for people on the list possibly being offended, I doubt it will
> happen with me.  I am used with my family and friends to often being the
> person who is "out there" with non-mainstream ideas.  So if people
> disagree with each and every point I made, that won't bother me a bit. In
> fact, if lots of people *did* agree with me, that is perhaps when I should
> be worried! :)  Also, what an incredibly boring place the world would be
> if everyone agreed!  I like living in a world where people have many
> different points of view.  I do not get upset when someone disagrees with
> me, as there are times when I disagree with myself! :) I know that sounds
> impossible, but somewhow it does seem to happen from time to time...

which brought a question to my mind:
Having read some minor info here and there that besides the Disney
hobby, some list members have other interests/habits far flung from
mainstream (counting myself in, too)...

which came first?
- Being off mainstream, resulting in developing or keeping up a hobby
seen by many as "childish"    or
- Reading Disney comics, resulting in furthering the development of
other off-mainstream interests?

To put it short: Were we whackos from the beginning who thus (among
other things) read comics, orwere we driven into other strange things
by first, initially reading comics?

OK, I know there'll probably be no black and white in this, but what
is your impression?

Soeren
(who hasn't told of his other interests like playing retro console
games and collecting bulky, heavy German slotmachines... (when he is
not walking towards his first job as a lawyer))

Tel.: +49 (0)40/98760818
Fax: +49 (0)40/98761995

Mobile: +49 (0)177/6150764
Stader Str. 206, 21075 Hamburg, Germany