Geoffrey Blum and Carlos Mota

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Mon Apr 12 16:09:47 CEST 2004

DANIEL NEYER to me, 03-04-2004:

>  I do agree with you on Blum's work so far--boring and confusing,

I didn't say "boring", but *long-winded*. But again, there are only
two Blum stories I know, one about world wide witches (downloading
a dime?), and one titled 'Dime And Dime Again' (D/D 2001-004).

I found these two stories interesting, but confusing to read. I also
found that the story-telling took too much pages. At least for my
taste. That's why I called it long-winded.

I don't find the stories boring. Boring is a term I use when I tend
to fall asleep while reading.

What I found confusing is that I sometimes I couldn't follow where the
story is going to. Then I got lost in the sidings. (That's something I
also experience with Rosa's stories, by the way.)

> particularly with that excessively surreal artwork.

I like most of Carlos Mota's art, at least for 'Dime And Dime Again'.
(That's the only Mota-story I remember, at the moment.) I only dislike
the too many different camera angles in almost every panel of the
story. It makes the art look slanted. As if I'm reading on a ship.
Maybe that's the main complaint from others, too?

All in all, I didn't like the stories. But I still found them
interesting to read. They're full of energy. So, I guess I dislike
them *because* they could have been much more.

--- Daniël

"GROAN! Gasp! Alas! Alas! Oh, woe! Alas!"
(Which Barks story?) :-)

hint #1: it's not the spring gun canon story (WDC 134), but still that's
a good guess