Donald remembers his judo

Larry Giver lgiver at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 14 03:58:07 CEST 2004

Donald remembered his judo on page 20, panel 8 of the
Mermaid Queen, a 1967 Scrooge story.  People were
wondering where he previously knew judo.  Just last week
"The Waltz King" was the answer to another quiz by Daniel
van E, a 1947 story.  In that very story Donald runs "Cyril,
Ludwig, and Theodore" off from the bus stop, thinking one
of them is waiting for Daisy.  He's apparently using "Jiu Jitsu"
(page 6, panel 3), and can throw down all these opponents,
and the largest is about 5 times his size.  As far as I know,
"judo" and "jiu jitsu" are just 2 names for the same style of fighting.
So I suggest Donald in the Mermaid Queen remembered
judo from this Waltz King story 20 years earlier.
                         -----Larry.