new Disney series in States

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Thu Apr 22 08:45:45 CEST 2004

From: (Lars Jensen)

> Mike Rhode forwarded:
>
> > Though the [W.I.T.C.H.] stories are mostly published as comic books in
> > other countries, the Disney brain trust believes that American girls
> > will prefer chapter-book storytelling, at least in the beginning.
> > [...] Translated from Italian, the book is written in a breezy style.
>
> OK, I'm confused. Are they talking about the Italian comics or the
> Danish novels? As far as I know, there are no Italian novels out.

According to another article (link below), the American
novels are new* works, not translated versions of the
Danish novels.

*Not 100% new.  They are still adapted from the Italian
comics, and apparently include a few pages of tranlated
comics in each volume as an "extra".

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/articles/bookreviews/breview.04222004.1.htm

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^