FW: DCML Digest Issue 5

Lars Olav Karlsen donald at lokarlsen.com
Wed Aug 4 17:21:07 CEST 2004

Thanks for the reply, boy was I wrong. As I wrote I am not expert on
this but I really thought I was correct on those assumptions.

When it comes to the signatures I thought the rule was still as it was
before because I never see a signature in the art itself. Here in Norway
it always state below the first cell who wrote draw and inked it but
that is not in the art itself. I also know that they print your
signature on the covers when there is one of your stories because that
increases the sales. They also use the Barks signature but never anybody
else.
Could you write your signature in the art itself if you wanted to?
But I do agree with you and I do like the idea of the artist getting the
credit, I only hate that you never get to know who made the front page.

But I was amazed to see that Egmont never retained the rights to what
you and other made for them. I always knew that Disney had amazing
contracts with other companies but that one was really amazing.

I should really have stopped after my first post because that one was
all correct :)

Another question to you Don Rosa, and it is really of topic. I see that
some members here write to you with just Don, and some use Don Rosa. Is
it ok to shorten it down to Don? Would it be correct to just use "Don"
because I thought that you never could use that part of the name without
the last.

Lars Olav Karlsen
Oslo, Norway