How beautious mankind is!

CarmenG@aol.com CarmenG at aol.com
Wed Aug 4 20:06:59 CEST 2004

I'm not sure I can Entirely agree with the characterizations of Americans
here--unless I'm in a cynical mood. But there is some truth to it. For anyone
interested, read Aldous Huxley's novel _Brave New World_, (which he wrote in the
1930s!) about what he viewed as an "Americanization" of society at large.
Americans especially would be surprised at Huxley's prescience!
That is, if we could Read. :)

Carmen

P.S. Of course, Aristotle complained about some of these same things....
P.P.S. Just to keep this on topic, SURELY Carl Barks wrote a satirical story
about this--advertising, peer anxiety, mass mentality, spectacle... can anyone
think of an example?