National Treasure

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 02:37:11 CET 2004

Maybe I'm not looking at this from the right perspective, but it's probably
doubtful that any of the writer(s) of National Treasure had read a Don Rosa
story and derived inspiration/plagarised, etc. When I saw the film, I didn't
think "They lifted Don's plots!!" The plot didn't seem any different from other
conspiracy theories people come up with, just maybe a theory with a bit more
imagination and coincidence. It's not like Don invented the genre (what the genre
is, I'm not sure. Consipracy plots, ancient history coming into play in
modern life in weird ways genre, whatever you want to call those types of stories).

So if there are any similiarites, it can probably be chalked up to writers
simply writing types of stories that are in a certain vein, therefore making it
look like one was inspired by the earlier story. So I don't think there's any
connection as far as Don's stories and the movie are concerned.

Derek Smith