Family relations

Anders Christian Sivebæk anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Sun Feb 1 13:26:12 CET 2004

Michael

>Well, since Carl Barks only provided her name, and Don
>Rosa
>designed her looks and provided her with a character, I'd
>say Matilda actually *is* Don's creation.

You're entitled to have that opinion and I disagree.
But all in all, i just wanted to point out what you also say - that
Barks gave her the name - that she wasn't made up by Don -
I just wanted to be sure that was known.

>Would you say that James Bond was *not* Ian Fleming's
>creation, only because he borrowed the name from an
>ornithologist friend of his?
Erm - I don't know - I don't usually speak about things I don't
know much about - i try not to at least.

Barks gave Matilda some position - in one of his trees, if
I'm not mistaken, he made her be Gladstone's adoptive mother -
is that not so?

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist