Question about years in italian story about Cornelius Coot

Ole R Nielsen oleroc at
Wed Feb 11 13:37:53 CET 2004

AC Sivebæk writes:
>The danish version claims Cornelius Coot lived from 1672 to 1748. - the
>norwegian version doesn't have any years mentioned. We wonder what the
>version says? The code is I 1764 and you can find the story-info here on
>So Italian friends, can you help us?

As a "Friend of Italy" (and yours) I am happy to oblige and can
report that an error has happened in the translation. The statue
in the splash panel of the story in the Italian version is inscribed
with the words "Cornelius Coot 1673-1784".