Question about years in italian story about Cornelius Coot

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Thu Feb 12 13:00:48 CET 2004

Ole to ACS:

> > The danish version claims Cornelius Coot lived from 1672 to 1748.
> > http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/story.php/0/I+TL+1764-B//_
>
> an error has happened in the translation. The statue
> in the splash panel of the story in the Italian version is inscribed
> with the words "Cornelius Coot 1673-1784".

Maybe it's more an "improvement" than an error? In the Italian original, Coot would have been 111 years old when he died. Maybe the Danish found that too unlikely.
(I know, it *is* possible. It's just unlikely, especially in the 17th/18th century.)

--Harry.

Harry Fluks  --  TNO Telecom  --  Delft  --   Nederland
h.w.fluks at telecom.tno.nl   --   http://dd50.inducks.org
"Wie ben ik? Wat doe ik hier? Waar is mijn Roddelflop?"