Olaf Solstrand olaf at
Wed Feb 25 22:35:04 CET 2004

På Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:44:11 +0100, skrev Mickey <mickey at>:

> Olivier, thanks for your exaustive explanations about Pete.
>> I think it's simply because the town was baptized by the authors
> (Taliaferro? Barks?) before Barks invented Cornelius >Coot.
> It's a too simple answer :) I thought Don Rosa had given some *narrative*
> explanations I missed.

Oh, he has.

According to Don Rosa, Duckburg was built upon the old Fort Drakeborough,
founded by Sir Francis Drake. Coot decided to modernize the name - "drake"
being old English for "duck" and "borough" meaning "city"... So he changed
it to Duckburg.

Olaf Solstrand

Telefon: 957 08 325
E-post: olaf at