Disney Italy & Creators' Rights

Botto Armando Armando.Botto at elsag.it
Mon Jan 12 15:17:43 CET 2004

Santiago wrote:
>>To have a rough idea of the value of the drawings in question, let's
suppose 200 authors (or heirs of authors) are involved, and each of them has
produced an average of 2,000 pages over 10 years of relationship with
Disney. Considering an average price per page of 150 Euro, we obtain a total
value of 60 million Euro (but the real figure is probably higher).
> In fact, 200 x 2,000 x 10 x 150 = 600 million Euro. (OK, it's
overwhelming, anyway).

Nope... I did not mean "2,000 pages per year", but "a total 2,000 pages
distributed over 10 years". Two thousand pages per year means over 5 pages
per day - you have to draw faster than your shadow in order to achieve such
figures ;-)

> BTW: 150 euro/page? It seems a very high price to me. What's that figure?
Is it the amount which an author is paid for his/her work? Or is it the
"market value" of the comics stuff owned by Disney?

I guess Gianfranco should answer to this question, as I only translated what
he wrote...

Ciao,
Armando