Another source for Disney comics in America: Disney Princess magazine

Shad Z. shadz at email.com
Wed Jan 21 18:29:52 CET 2004

From: Stefan Persson <spe at inducks.org>

> Shad Z. wrote:
> > So I'm looking at the stories closer, and here are the Story Codes:
> >
> > PRE11077
> > PRE11290
> >
> > What kind of story codes are those?
>
> "PR" probably mean "Princess".  "E" might be "England" or "Egmont".  The
> stories in the Swedish Princess magazine are supposed to be from the
> British Princess magazine; however, the only issue of the Swedish
> magazine that is currently indexed has quite different codes, c.f.
> http://coa.inducks.org/inducks/files/sweden/se-PR.html .
>
> (Ari: Some bug hides the Inducks [code] field at
> http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/issue.php/0/se/PR+2001-11 -- please
> correct that.)
>
> AFAIK, no issue of the Princess magazine is indexed in any other
> country, and the story codes are currently not included in any story
> file.  I'm not sure if the coding system has changed or if the Swedish
> and American magazine use different codes for the same stories.  No one
> really seems to have any information about this magazine.  One
> interesting thing in the codes used in Sweden was that every page in
> multi-page stories had its own code, and yet another code was given to
> the story as whole.
>
> If you plan to index the American issues, I suggest that you just
> include a [code:code as printed in the issue] for the stories until we
> know more about this.

Well, here's information about the stories, so someone can add them to
INDUCKS if they'd like to.  I'm only including information about the
comics stories, but almost every article (activity page, game, puzzle,
etc.) in the magazine has a similar "story code" beginning with PRE.

Disney Princess Magazine #3 (January/February 2004)

1) PRE11077, 5 pages, 2-tier, Aladdin: "City in the Sand"
No Credits
Characters include Jasmine & Rajah (Aladdin does not appear).

2) PRE11290, 3 pages, 3-tier, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: "The Gloomy Grove"
No Credits
Characters include Snow White and various woodland creatures (none of the dwarfs appear).

--
Shad Z.                      ^Q^
            http://shadz.homestead.com/files/