Question about "Romano Scarpa - Sognando la Calidornia"

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Mon Jan 26 13:11:15 CET 2004

Daniel van Eijmeren wrote:

> According to my files, there should be a publication titled
> 'Romano Scarpa - Sognando la Calidornia', published in April 2001.

There indeed is!

> It should contain a reproduction of a 1975 letter(?) from Barks to
> Scarpa, which contains a "siren idea" for Scarpa's Brigitta.
> See: http://www.seriesam.com/barks/df_75scarpa.jpg
> According to my files, this material is a reprint of 'I Maestri
> Disney' #14, March 1999.
>
> Is the above information correct?

I'm at work now, I can't check... I'll check later, but... yes, I think it's
there.

> Can you tell me more about 'Sognando la Calidornia'? Is it a
> compilation of comic book stories, a biography, or both?

It's an extended edition of the 1988 Romano Scarpa "Blue" Book. A critical
analysis of his works, with some biography too... a lot a sketches and
panels, but no stories at all.

> What kind of cover does it have?

This kind of cover :-)
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/calidornia/calidornia.jpg

> The book is mentioned at
> http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/calidornia/
> In part, the text on that page reads: "Presentato a Torino Comics il
> 28 Aprile 2001, è ora disponibile nelle migliori fumetterie e librerie
> specializzate pubblicato dalla Vittorio Pavesio Productions. Il volume
> è di ben 244 pagine (di cui 16 a colori) e di formato medio-grande
> (21,5 x 27,8 cm) a lire 58.000."
>
> But I can't understand Italian. (The link to an English text doesn't
> work.) And I can't find the book at INDUCKS. Neither the "siren idea"
> drawing for Scarpa. Does this mean that they haven't been indexed at
> INDUCKS?

The book hasn't been indexed yet... Eta Beta and I have been trying to do it
for... two years now, but we never really finished!

> Are Alberto Becattini, Luca Boschi, Leonardo Gori, and Andrea Sani the
> authors of the book?

Yes!

--
Sprea