DCML Digest Issue 46

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Jan 31 14:40:25 CET 2004

> From: Olaf Solstrand <olaf at andebyonline.com>
> Subject: Re: Gemstone: "Uncle Scrooge" 329 needs a Rosa cover
> Who-a. You mean such a cover really exists?

For your future reference:
For years now, at the central Egmont office's request, I have always turned
in a cover (and an accompanying text) with every story I do. It's up to the
individual local publisher to decide if they want to use it. I assume that
sometimes an editor has his own idea about presentation. After all, the
covers and texts are paid for -- any Egmont publisher can use them for free,
and any Disney publisher on earth can use the cover for free (though if they
use my text, they are stealing). But I also see constant evidence that
Egmont has no system for letting their own editors (much less other
publishers) know that such covers or texts exist -- I think the editor has
to miraculously think to request such items, which is unlikely when they
don't know they exist, and it's understandable unlikely for that to happen
since special covers and texts have never been done for each story by any
other authors.